What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a "device") web browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser's preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the TeamHaven website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On TeamHaven websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. It also helps us recognise when you are signed in to your TeamHaven account and to provide a more personalised experience. For example, if on a previous visit you have logged in into TeamHaven, the next time you visit the website we will redirect you to the login page on subsequent visits.
TeamHaven's cookies can be split into three categories:
-Cookies essential for website function
In order for the TeamHaven website to function properly when users log in, cookies must be enabled. These cookies help to improve the user experience and are vital to TeamHaven functioning correctly.
-Cookies that save preferences
These cookies help to improve your user experience by remembering login details such as account name, and on request, be used to automatically sign you into your account.
-Cookies to track website traffic
TeamHaven uses Universal Analytics from Google to compile reports and track traffic to our website. All interactions are anonymous and we do not collect any personal data. The cookies are used to help distinguish users and to track traffic source, session durations and visitor-level custom variables.
How to manage and change cookies?
All cookies that TeamHaven website uses you can control through your browsers settings. Please find below a shot guide on how to reach and reach these settings for some of the most commonly used browsers.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Click Cookies.
- Turn Allow sites to save and read cookie data on or off.
- To manage cookie settings, from the drop-down menu under "History", select Use custom settings for history.
- To view or remove individual cookies, click remove individual cookies.
- To remove all cookies, from the History menu, select clear your recent history.
- Choose Safari
- Preferences, click Privacy, then do any of the following
- Change which cookies and website data are accepted: Select a “Cookies and website data” option: Always block: Safari doesn't let any websites, third parties, or advertisers store cookies and other data on your Mac.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on More options (… symbol) on the top right corner of the browser.
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
- Check the Cookies and saved website data (and any other data you want to clear) and click on Clear button.
- From the Tools menu, or the Tools drop-down at the upper right, select Internet Options. (If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.)
- Select the Privacy tab
- Click Advanced. To override the automatic cookie settings, click Override automatic cookie handling and then make your selections using the radio buttons.
- To view or remove individual cookies, select the General tab. Under "Browsing history", click Settings. Select either View objects or View files.
- To delete all cookies, under "Browsing history", click Delete, Check Cookies and then click Delete.